Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Day At School

How was school?


Good...






It felt weird going back to school when I should be finished but the day wasn't too bad. I understood nothing in History or Latvian and so I spent my time drawing pictures depicting this. But in Maths and Physics I could understand what was being taught (admittedly this was a result of already having covered these topics in Canberra and not my Latvian skills). My class mates thought it would be funny to volunteer me to answer a question in Mathematics but they shut up when I got it right :)

The students and teachers all seem very nice. They all like to laugh and are friendly depite their reluctance to speak English to me.

I noticed two things today. The first: in every class there is a lot of laughter. And the second: so many people have blue eyes.

Anyway I better get going. Hannah Montana in an unidentifiable language has just come on air. It's a must see.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that all of your preparation at ANU has paid off!

    ReplyDelete