Friday, March 5, 2010

Things I've Seen

I forgot to show you my amazing trophy making skills. Tin foil is such a versatile material.
My friend broke the first oath of hamster ownage ... keep the male away from the female.

Without cheeze and funk chips will never be the same again.I went and watched some dog-ski racing (not sure what to call it). Not sure I would want to strap myself to one of these beasts, they seemed more interested in anything other than their owner. On a side note there was a dog from Australia. Not sure how it went but we'll just say it won.
This is the Daugava, the largest river in Latvia. And yes I did walk on it. :)

Hmm ... yes, I think a little jet skiing is in order.Putting the finishing touches to my first snowwomen!!


In the back yard with da gurls.Riča likes them young.
Going in for the smooch (or maybe just a bite of that nose).
OMG IT'S A PLAYGROUND!!! (on a side note it's also kinda cool that it's covered in snow)
And now begins my obsession with the sky. I feel happiest when I'm walking home from Mākslas Skola and the sun is setting. The colours are so gorgeous. This is a little before the sunset but I still love the delicacy of the sky and the mix of colours. Also gives you a little look at my town.



And this was completely by accident but I like it :)

And that is my life in pictures because I was getting sick of reading myself write. :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zaiga, I'm not suire if you remember me, but I was at NYSF with you last year.. Anyway, after a bit of facebook stalking (the kind where you so in depth you forget what you were there for in the first place!) I stumbled accross your blog and for the past half an hour have be entertained and interessted in your Latvian Adventure! I'm in Italy this year, doing the same sort of thing, thereofre can understand the amazement with everything / embarassment to pull out a camera / the making a pav / not understanding anything in class / emotional rollar coaster / learning a language.. I hope you're having a great time and I look forward to reading more of your adventure! peace, Merredith x
    ps. sorry for the deleted comments above, just getting my head around this commenting buisness.

    ReplyDelete