Friday, March 19, 2010

Es esmu slinka

Wow. It's been such a long time, I didn't realise.

But today the weather made me think of all of you in Australia, especially the gumboot doubters. This morning it was 4 degrees!! And yes I mean +4. What better time to wear gumboots than when 3 months worth of snow is melting and forming massive puddles on the street. And there will be photos of my first latvian puddle jump. Infact my gumboots are probably more useful here than they ever were in Australia, what with the drought and all. So to all you doubters, those who scoffed at my choice of footwear, "Hi!". :)

Since the last post so much has happened. I spose one of the biggest events was my b'day. It was a really nice, relaxed day (if you call being thrown up into the air on a chair 18 times relaxing :) ). And my first legal drink couldn't have been in a better place, at the top of the Hotel Latvia (pretty much the only skyscraper in Rīga). Although later I saw a sign saying you could only drink there if you were 21 so maybe it wasn't quite so legal :) Anyway, thanyou all so much for you cards. The post here is magical as they all seemed to arrive on my b'day and none on the days surrounding.This is a pie another exchange student made me. I didn't realise till after I cut it that it said Zaiga 18 on the top. How sweet is that!!!

The weekend was the other massive event. I went ice skating, birthday pie eating, vintage shopping, hockey watching, contact person meeting (more like awesome contact person meeting), rock concerting, metal concerting (now I have a better appreciation of the art that is metal), dice playing (seriously THE best game ever. I'll teach you some time, just remind me), brownie baking (legally I assure you), rellie meeting (it's weird/amazingly comforting how people you've only seen a couple of times before can feel so close), movie watching (Alice in Wonderland is magical), and ofcourse a lot of time spent on public transport. At the end of the weekend I was tired but amazingly happy. :)

In other news I've started a photography course. I hope it's worth the two hour return trip. But I've been enjoying photography so much since I've been here that I'm sure it will be. Speaking of photos here are some.

Sunset over the Daugava!


The Sea!!!! I walked on the sea (until it started cracking under me).
Snow ball fight!!!!
Sunset with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment