Thursday, February 18, 2010

L O V E

People sure do love Valentine's Day over here and they seem to love loving it.

My V day was more of a long weekend. On Friday I helped deliver the mail in a custom made outfit :)
My cow also joined in the spirit. (I made it out of a sportsland plastic bag )

Then I helped judge the performances at the Valetine's Day concert. And then after that was the necessary V Day disco (at which the loving spirit died a little because the music was a little hard to love). And this was only Friday!! Not even Valentine's Day!

Then there was Saturday. I walked to the culture center and watched a lovely Latvian dancing concert. It made me teary :) This was my favourite costume, made from a beautiful green silk. The skirts reminded me of my curtains (which is a good thing cos I love them :) ).


And then ofcourse there was the party :) I don't think I need to say much more about that.

Valentine's day itself was pretty quiet. The big event was the champagne toast to the start of the Chinese New Year :) Although there was an interesting TV show where 4 males and 4 females got married without ever having met each other before. Ahh the beauty of true love :)

3 comments:

  1. pretty sure you DO need to say more about the party ;) p.s. love the diy attire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the dancers, their costumes, the stage! I keep revisiting them over and over and over again! They are so beautiful!!! And so are you of course!

    ReplyDelete