Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Where am I?

Our thermometer (admittedly in the sun) is showing 34 degrees!!!! Where am I? I thought this place was meant to be cold :) It's soo amazingly pretty at the moment however, I have no pictures to share because I am sick. Which means I am sitting inside staring through the windows at the beautiful weather outside. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow but ironically the forecast is for rain :(

On another note the Australian posties seem to be having a hard time delivering the letters to me. I have received quite a few very late and a few of them have overseas written on them with an arrow towards Latvia. One suggestion made was perhaps to write Europe on the envelope :)

Hope life is strolling along whistling despite the fact that Winter is approaching on your side of the earth :) Although the Latvians would probably call our winter a grey summer :) Speaking of summer, I only just realised the other day that the summer here is actually quite short. It starts getting cold again in September! I don't know what I was thinking but for some reason I assumed it would stay warmish (around 20) till about end of November and then the snow would fall and I would leave. Not the case my host mother assures me :( I'm going to have to buy another jacket.

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment